Some components of the strategy are set out below.
We may use a wide variety of tactics to enable the strategy, These may be used individually or in combination both on short term and long term bases.
This plan is to create housing and to keep it in our portfolio so that it permanently is available for the mission’s purpose.
The strategy includes the conversion of existing housing stock of existing houses into properties with more units. For example:
- Larger older existing homes housing one family into say four apartment units in varying configurations such as:
- One quite small studio apartment for one person
- One quite small one bedroom apartment for a two people
- One quite small two bedroom apartment for a small family
- One quite small three bedroom apartment for a family with one female and one male child.
- More intensely using a housing lot by: adding one or more apartment units onto the existing housing configurations ; adding another building on the same property
- Working with communities to build housing from scratch, most likely consisting of multiple units such as those above.
- Working with other nonprofits and their strategies.
Components of this plan include:
- Improving energy efficiency
- Often improving exterior appearance and interior quality during renovations
- Distributing the facilities throughout the communities reducing visual and traffic disturbances- There are housing needs throughout the region.
- Paying property taxes to the municipalities at nonprofit rates